Thursday, April 3, 2008

In-House Notes

Various notes on the progress of this blog...


1. This is the third try at this blog in ten years, and I think it's going to work this time. (Iterations #1 and #2 never made it off the ground. Incidentally, they were named Lo! SF, but that name was dropped when Mysterious SF decided he is not a Charles Fort fan. Blasphemy?Whatever.)

2. Plenty of material for fairly consistent posting on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'll probably run out at some point without some input from readers. 

3. Interested in working with other web sites and groups, but let me get my blog legs first. 

4. Link to me! Link to me! Mysterious SF will reciprocate. 

5. This blog template is horrible. Do you want to know what the real mystery is? Why there are so few free stock Blogger templates. Unfortunately, Mysterious SF is probably stuck with it right now. He using a third party template, but ate his page elements, didn't play well with, well, anything, and was a pain in the neck to kill. So, it's back to ugly format. 

6. Comments are provisional and may be shut off at some point. Mysterious SF is not a huge fan of blog comments. As insightful and useful as they can be, they can also be obnoxious and abusive. Mysterious SF is not interested in feedback. Just remember: Mysterious SF didn't go to journalism school, he means no harm, and this blog is free. Remember all this and we'll have a grand old time. Mostly, he is more interested in more ideas and material for posts. 

7. Advertising is unlikely. I can't see how I'd make any money off this. 

No comments: